Thursday 8 December 2011

More Backstory & Questions

I have been skinny most of my life. And I've hated it.

After a sustained period of weightlifting over the last few years I added 25lb, mostly muscle to my frame. In my own view, after all this effort I just looked normal.

I've increased my appetite over the last few years, but I'm still not a natural glutton (otherwise I'd be fat already!).

So here I am at 158lb genuinely having to put in effort to get fatter, when most of the rest of the world is maniacally and desperately trying to be thin, lean and muscular.

So the basic fact is, in order to gain weight, I'm actively going to have to work at doing it.

Since I stopped lifting weights a few months ago and actively allowed myself to eat more freely, I suspect I will be able to gain weight quite naturally.

And there are a lot of questions to answer...


  • How will I feel when I am fat?
  • Will my husband still be attracted to me?
  • How much do I really want to gain?
  • What about the health implications?
  • Can I be healthy AND fat at the same time?
  • What will it stop me doing?
  • How do I stay fit?
  • Will I really be happier and more comfortable as a chub?
  • Am I "mentally ill"?
  • How do I eat? Carbs? Low saturated fats? Both?
  • Should I just let it happen naturally?
  • Is gaining a "bad" thing? (and therefore bad to write a blog about?)
  • What about stretch marks?
  • What will I look like?
  • How will I feel?
  • Why do I keep wanting to pursue this then run away?!
All of these questions and more will be explored.

Your comments and support are very welcome.

If you have questions about gaining, I'm not an expert. I'm a novice. Instead, go and ask "Git Bigger" here: http://stupidgit.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment